Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The C4 in my '65 needs to be rebuilt. I'd like to find a place that can either convert it to a 67+ valve body or at least someone who knows that early C4s are different.
Any reccommendations? I'm located in Wylie, but I'll take it anywhere in Dallas if the builder is well regarded.

·
Registered
251 Posts
David at Discount Transmission in Plano (15th St. and 75/Central). The old guy builds one tough transmission! Built my T5 four years ago and still stands behind it 100%; hint: I think he likes to talk race cars. Expect to pay around 600, 750 if the trans is an OD. He works closely on projects from Competition Machine in Plano. Let me know if you have any other questions. I don't mind calling him and letting him know you're coming. I might let go of a freshly rebuilt C4 in the corner of my garage for a lot less than he charges; thinking about an AOD swap.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Damon,

I found a good shop thanks to 66replica! Lone Star Transmissions in Rockwall said they would rebuild mt C4 with a TCI or B&M kit, kevlar bands, new torque converter and new valve body (so I can pull it down into 2nd gear when I want to) for $655.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the information! This could save me from having to order a beefier transmission from Summit.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Guys name is Sparky...no joke...he also said he can put in pretty much any stall converter I wanted, in my case my 65 is a daily driver and anything above 1800 would be uncomfortable to and from the office!

Higher stall would be about $50 more!

Good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts