Vintage Mustang Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1967 Mustang Hardtop
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Never saw that before. No need to remove the support assembly. You will need to remove the round fresh air duct though. The pedal will slip in with the shaft.
Oh, that should be stupid easy then. It's never been out of the car before though so... potential for breakage exists.

·
Registered
1967 Mustang Hardtop
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Does anyone know where to find a square connector for the neutral safety? I'd rather buy a connector with leads and solder something together than spend $60+ on a full neutral safety switch. I can find three male, one female but not two and two.

·
Registered
1967 Mustang Hardtop
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I've finally begun fumbling my way through putting the car back together and I'm having an issue. I'm unable to find a tang or similar for the spring at the top of the z bar to hook into. Is there a brake that's missing? Or did not all cars come with tangs underneath the steering shaft?

·
Premium Member
11,772 Posts
In post #6 it appears that there is a small bracket (7542) that is attached to the firewall and the end of the spring connects to it. Cars originally equipped with an AT would not have that bracket. You'll need to contact Mustangerbob1 or NEPM or one of the other used parts guys on this forum.

·
Registered
1967 Mustang Hardtop
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
In post #6 it appears that there is a small bracket (7542) that is attached to the firewall and the end of the spring connects to it. Cars originally equipped with an AT would not have that bracket. You'll need to contact Mustangerbob1 or NEPM or one of the other used parts guys on this forum.
Okay, that's what I suspected but it's hard to confirm that. Would these two nuts on the firewall be where it goes? I'm not sure what they're for otherwise. Washer pump maybe? I know the pic isn't great.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts