Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm preparing to do a C4 to T5 swap on my early 65 convertible. My set up is a little different than most with my 5 bolt block and Borgeson power steering conversion. so i'm doing a lot of research to make sure i get all the right parts. I've made a spread sheet with what i think is all the parts i need. I would like some of you to review it and let me know if i'm missing anything or if you have a bad history or opinion of any of these parts. I'm on a tight budget so i'm not spending the big bucks to get a new T5 and all new parts from modern drive line but i want my set up to work smoothly. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Good info here.

Reactions: cally68

·
Registered
7,109 Posts
I've been there done that.. BTW, mine's an early vert too. Here's a list with parts and prices form MDL.
This project was completed 8-9 years ago, therefore the price may have changed. I'm not a fan of visiting a "Pic a Part" bone yard, in most cases, but, had to for the clutch/brake pedal box. These lists will get you started. There's is nothing here I would change, if, I had to do it again. The variable here, is your method to actuate the clutch. In 2011, MDL was just starting to develop their hydraulic system. Since then many have chosen it. I still like my "Z" bar OEM style system and it still works "peachy keen" with my Tri-Y headers.
Hope this helps. Any questions, just ask. Oh, and I do have pics too.

Attachments

·
Registered
546 Posts
I got the complete "kit" from MDL and the only thing missing was the two bolts to attach the shifter to the transmission. Don't see them on your list.

Gregg

·
Registered
7,109 Posts
Thanks for looking, I don't recall them not being included, but, if they weren't would not have been a challenge considering the scale of the project. perhaps, I should change my wording "complete" to "99.5%"?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts