Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can any one direct me to a good article or site that would give me a good idea of what will be required to swap a toploader into a '66 coupe with a C4. Has anyone here done this. Any thoughts or words of advice are apreciated.

·
Registered
673 Posts
I'm doing it on my 68 coupe right now.

Advice: Find a donar car and take EVERYTHING. You'll also need to replace most all the bushings and springs. Also, get a diaphram clutch (Centerforce, etc), otherwise your left leg will eventually become twice the size of your right.

If you have headers, make sure the Z-bar can clear them! It wouldn't clear mine!

Thespazardman

·
Registered
20,861 Posts
I've got all the parts to do the change on my 66. Right now the car is auto. About the only used parts you should really have to buy is the pedal asm., everything else is available new, though you'll have to use the 65 style parts as all of the 66 parts aren't available ( but I have all new 66 parts ). I wouldn't waste my time ripping all that used worn out stuff out of a donor. Just look at any of the big Mustang part houses, they have exploded views. It's no biggie and you'll have fresh, new parts!

Tom
You can do anything you want to......ONCE!
aka "my 66 coupe"

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
I believe that there is a considerable amount of info on this forum as well on the old one. Have you searched the forums? Shoudl be lots of posts. I even think someone built a site outlining the items required. I got luck and purchased all necessary components (new and used) from Sue at Mustangs and More here in Ventura, CA. *G*.

Steve Leslie, 65 coupe in restoration. 302, toploader, A/C, disc brakes, bench seat

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1571478&a=12535662&p=46267978&Sequence=1.jpg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts