Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I posted last night, the C4 transmission cooler lines I bought from NPD for my '66 are too large. Today, I pulled the radiator out of storage and found out the lines were too large for it as well. Hmmm...

I'm beginning to think the lines were mislabeled, or that the manufacturer (Classic lines) made a mistake. Anyone else have this problem?

Cecil Bozarth

1966 GT Coupe (Tahoe Turquoise with black pony interior)

1994 GT Convertible

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No, I cannot help, but if you find the answer, please post, as I will soon be doing the same thing, and I'll need to order them.
Thanks
T

1966 C-Code Convertible, 59 Edsel Villager
Charlotte, NC
New Cars Have No Soul.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you have your old ilnes available to measure the diameter? That might help answer the question.

Cecil Bozarth

1994 GT Convertible

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If I remember right from automatic cars I have seen over the years, or should say radiators, didn't Ford use some kind of reducer or conversion fitting at the radiator originally?Not sure if I have any old automatic radiators laying around to check.My 66 auto coupe is in storage right now, might be able to get to it later this week and check, it is a 6cyl C4 car, pretty much original with 80,000 miles on it.

1967 S code GT Deluxe Coupe 65B
1966 Convertible 76B 289 4 speed
1964 Fairlane 500 2DR HT-the new project
1986 Jeep Cherokee 4X4 the "beater"
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1573428&a=11959254&p=43023698.jpg

·
Registered
408 Posts
Get me the info off the tag on the lines and I'll track it down for you.
Scott

National Parts Depot
1965 Conv:Street driven concours
1966 Coupe: Daily driver and toy

·
Registered
16,014 Posts
That's what I was trying to point out in your other thread. The lines attach to adapters/reducers that are actually brass fittings. Did you see my other post? I'd put it at the top for you if I could /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

[email protected]
1967 351W Convertible
2000 Mustang GT
Please bring back last post to top!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Saw your other thread, but my previous lines did not have brass fittings to reduce the size and they fit the same radiator just fine. In addition, on the C4, the brass fitting I have on it is much smaller than the line.

If I have to, I'll put brass fittings on, but not sure this is the right solution.

Cecil Bozarth

1994 GT Convertible

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The part number is:

7A03-5A (this is the NPD number)
MUT1004-OE (mfr. number)

The NPD # is consistent with the catalog listing for '66 V8.

Cecil Bozarth

1994 GT Convertible

·
Registered
408 Posts
The numbers are all consistant with the 1966 V-8 application. The line and fitting sizes I have in inventory are also consistant with the correct application. Make sure you have the brass connectors at the radiator. Beyond that we'll need to get some measurements from the lines you received.

Scott
National Parts Depot
1965 Conv:Street driven concours
1966 Coupe: Daily driver and toy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts