Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Well...i've noticed recently that when my C4 is shifting from 2nd to 3rd gear, there is a SLIGHT increase in RPM before it actually drops into gear. Is this an early sign that the tranny is on it's way out the door?

in some ways, i'm kinda hoping it is, because I have a rebuilt C6 that i'm just dying to find a reason to put into my car :D

but if my C4 is on it's way out i'll still be pissed because the guy I bought the whole car from told me that the transmission had been rebuilt

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
Consider getting the tranny adjusted....if done by a shop, maybe even inspected.

The tranny shop here does a fluid/filter change, adjustment, and inspection.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
yeah, have a shop look at it. have a band adjustment done and a fluid and filter change.... before i had my C4 rebuilt, i was having a similiar problem , and had it looked at and serviced and it cured the problem for a few yrs...until i blew the C4 that is., but, i blame that on me abusing it qiute a bit and not much else hehe

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I had the same symptoms a few years back. It was just a simple adjustment of the vacuum modulator....

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
2nd to 3rd gear, there is a SLIGHT increase in RPM before it actually drops into gear. Is this an early sign that the tranny is on it's way out the door?

Not necessarily. Could just need a band adjustment. Any difference from part to full throttle? Does the trans have a shift kit in it? How does the fluid look and smell?

I have a rebuilt C6 that i'm just dying to find a reason to put into my car

Don't do it; heavy and sucks HP and you don't need it with a 302, trust me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts