Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this in my collection of carbs and would like more information about it. It will need rebuilding, but it's in pretty good shape for it's age. What would a fair value be for this?

Attachments

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
I sold a similiar carb . Easy $100-125 minimum

·
Premium Member
6,293 Posts
Don't forget to check with the T-Bird, Fairlane, Galaxie and big Merc guys...the nice 4100s are getting harder and harder to find. Somebody doing a correct 64 will go two bills easy.

·
Registered
10,224 Posts
Just guessing because the photos suck for verifying details, but I imagine the only thing real about that carb is the aluminum tag attached to the top plate.
C4OF-AL is a manual choke hipo carb.

Here's a real one.....

·
Registered
10,224 Posts
Apparently some carburetor bodies already stamped C4OF AL were built into C5OF prefix assemblies by Autolite. (Fall 1964, way into the 1965 model year)
I think they're still manual choke carbs though and they would have the M and BA boosters and the casting difference in the carb body on the choke side.
You'd have to check Mannel's book, but I think that's the story.

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've done a bit more research and there's info out there that may or may not make sense. The Ford Carb book that Pony Carbs did years ago has a section on this carb. It seems that it was also used for Failane, Meteor and Comet hi-po engines, with some using a choke. The venturis match the "M" and "BA" so they're correct. I did not remove the jets. Here's some more to see if any of you have a fair market vale for something like this. By interesting coincidence, the one shown on Ebay has the exact same tag and same date codes! Mine also has that unique hump cast near the choke.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,347 Posts
So a very pricey carb, but you know that by now.

Reactions: GT289

·
Registered
10,224 Posts
^ What he said.
The primary booster is worth bank. The secondary booster, nowhere near so much.
As far as the whole unit, the last one of these (in manual choke configuration) I saw was well over $1000.

·
Premium Member
2,587 Posts
1.12 HiPo carb for a non Mustang is still a very valuable carb. I'd say $500-600 as a core, $1500+ in rebuilt/replated/restored condition.

Reactions: PonyDoc
1 - 10 of 10 Posts