Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a better ways to organize cables underneath the hood. Are there any adhesive mounting bases that seem to hold up well in the hood area? I would prefer not to drill holes and use zip ties.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Wire loom (black) would help. I just received 1/2" (10 ft.), 1/4" (20 ft.) and 3/4" (6 ft.) wire loom from Summit, and all three only cost $56 delivered.

You would still have to secure them to the firewall somehow, but at least this is a start.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
Wire loom (black) would help. I just received 1/2" (10 ft.), 1/4" (20 ft.) and 3/4" (6 ft.) wire loom from Summit, and all three only cost $56 delivered.

I use the loom too., however I work for a Caterpillar dealer and we have excess from install kits that gets scrapped all the time = free! :pirate:

·
Registered
1,153 Posts

I use the loom too., however I work for a Caterpillar dealer and we have excess from install kits that gets scrapped all the time = free! :pirate:

Free is always better. :yoho:

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
I am looking for a better ways to organize cables underneath the hood. Are there any adhesive mounting bases that seem to hold up well in the hood area? I would prefer not to drill holes and use zip ties.

Look for Mag Daddy products at Summit, I'm using them under the dash of mine to support the EFI harness and other wire bundles. The tech flex sleeve already mentioned is very helpful.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts