Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an early 65, built in Oct of 1964 in San Jose, CA. This is a "survivor" 3 speed/200 that I purchased in California almost 10 years ago. All original sheet metal. Matching numbers. The only exception is that the block is a 66 (C6DE, 6015-B) Body is sound. My assessment is that the car was sprayed one time. My focus has been mechanical, with many improvements that I will detail. As you know 200's, although not sexy, are very durable. Just replaced valve stem seals, and adjusted the rockers. Does not smoke.
I would characterize it as a driver plus, that is now ready for body work and paint to take it to the next level. It has been garaged since 2010. Has not seen rain since it arrived from California. I have receipts that document all the parts and improvements that I have made to the car since 2010 that I can make available. It has essentially been rebuilt mechanically. Highlights include:
New Windshield
Upgrade of transmission to 67 3.03 3 speed. Including bell housing, flywheel, clutch kit, slip yoke, new custom sized drive shaft.
Mustang Steve roller bearing clutch pedal modification
Upgraded brakes to include dual bowl master cylinder,new rubber and stainless steel brake lines.
new tailpipe and muffler
new engine bay wiring
Complete rebuild of front end. Including upper ball joints, strut rod bushings, tie rod ends, lower control arms, one inch sway bar upgrade, and Open-tracker
roller bearing spring perch upgrade. New steering center link.
Pertronx ignition upgrade
New Eaton OE GT level leaf springs

IMG_0578.JPG IMG_0582.JPG IMG_0594.JPG IMG_0615.JPG

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts