Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1968 coupe, 1968 vert, 1966 coupe
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In fixer upper condition. Something I can make my own. Looking for a California special to build preferably something in rough shape.

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
Buy a 67 or 68 coupe and make your own.

CS's are hard to come by in rough condition and even then, they command a premium.

·
Premium Member
3,947 Posts
I've seen some nice 67 and 68 coupes for sale in the southeast that would make an excellent starter for a GT/CS clone and a couple of turn-key GT/CS cars that weren't outrageously priced.

Reactions: Bernnstang

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya I always prefer to buy it rough and make it nice. I was looking for a original California special but lately have been also thinking about building my own

·
Premium Member
3,947 Posts
What market area are you looking in?

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I’m looking everywhere for the right price I don’t mind having it shipped to me in New York.

·
Registered
53 Posts
You can try...www.californiaspecial.com website for help. I sold mine through there few years ago. Soooo knowledgeable are the registered users there. I learned a lot of the things you may pass up while inspecting for a CS. Those users can certainly help you. As soon as you go to the first page go right to "Classifieds" on the left column and you'll get to see some for sale and you can place a "wanted" ad if you like. I'll try to post a pic of my "J" code one I sold if i figger out how to do it on the site? Good luck. CYA!

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That’s a nice looking car and I’m a big fan of highland green

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
That is a nice car but real CS's can be had for low to mid 20s.

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
The interior looks like a circus, but that can be fixed. I would inquire about rust on the pans and cowl.

Reactions: Bernnstang

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The interior looks like a circus, but that can be fixed. I would inquire about rust on the pans and cowl.
Interiors strange but cool in a weird way. I messaged about rust no answer don’t really wanna spend more than 20k and I’d prefer a fixer upper but we will see.

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The guy locally never called me back I’m still looking if anyone knows of one or has one!

·
Registered
1 Posts
The guy locally never called me back I’m still looking if anyone knows of one or has one!
Hello,

I Have an original 1968 GT/CS I can sell ( Not a fake / clone / tribute), The car was built after 2 - 28 - 1968 so it is a later car. The car was sold at Gaudin Ford Las Vegas, Nevada in 1968. Cars in Las Vegas do not have rust issues. The car needs to be restored. If you are still interested let me know. 541 527 9314

1 - 15 of 15 Posts