Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a *like new* Holley 750 double pumper off our popular auction site,(my first mistake).
It absolutely looks brand new,the problem is,after I bolted it on I noticed that when I worked the
throttle lever it has a "tight" place about a third of the way open".Its bad enough to hold its self
open at this spot,but the rest its range is fine.I havent put fuel in it yet,do you think the
"lubricating" properties of fuel will make this thing work smoothly or is it more serious?
thanks as always

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Does it or did it do the same thing off the car?
Might have a warped base plate

·
Incorporated Sell Out
17,130 Posts
I had a similar prob with my holley 770 but on the secondaries. The 2 little screws holding the butterfly to the bar where loose and the butterfly would slide around a little and sometimes catch the edge of the carb itself.

I would recomend taking it off, making sure they are tight and then also fiddling with the gasket placement as others had mention.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got it fixed!!!There was a vacuum port on my intake with a rubber cap that was rubbing the
throttle linkage on the opposite side of the carb.,never seen the problem till I removed the carb!
Thanks to all that responded.One more thing,I cannot say enough about this forum.There has NEVER
been a question that I have asked,that I didnt get an immediate and varied response from you
guys.Thanks you so much. Good or bad you guys give people the courage to tackle jobs themselves.
Thats what this forum is all about,thats why my static sticker is proudly displayed on my car,and why
I wear my VFM t shirt at every car show I attend!!!!!

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Isn't this a totally KOOL place?!?! ::

I'm currently re-building my 600 vac secondary Holley. Have been working on the project about a week now, after soaking the thing in carb cleaner, and studying the book and parts. If you ever decide to rebuild your carb, make sure you get EVERY piece of loose everything out of the holes/channels/ports and tubes. The toughest part so far is getting the old stuck on gasket material removed. Re-assembly should be easy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts