Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since our posts roll off so quickly, I thought I'd re-post the attendee list and float the banquet room issue.

I'm still waiting on detail confirmation from a couple of guys, but we will definitely have at least 30 people show up. That is really good news! Lots of pictures and experiences to share and I'm sure there will be alot of action in the parking lot, with those who bring their cars.

67Delilah (my hero) is going to be working out the arrangements with Don Jose's management soon - so we really need to nail the attendee list and determine whether we'll need a banquet room or be seated among the other diners. I know that some of us aren't too keen on the banquet room 'package' which gives us the room and dinner for $13/head, so we may work something out where we'll have a choice. I'm sure that there will be a good deal of 'migration' from table to table as people visit with one another. So... where your seat is may not make a whole lot of difference.

I really appreciate Bob's (67D) doing the legwork on this and I'd like to try and keep this as uncomplicated as possible for him and the folks at Don Jose's. As arrangements are firmed up, I am sure we will hammer out details like how do we pay, etc.

In any case, I am looking forward to getting a little face time with all of you. I hope this is the beginning of a VMF tradition!

The list:
Confirmed:
Pat & Rene
Allen Paxton + wife
Mr and Mrs Teebone
Mr and Mrs GEM
BlueOval4me (eric) and guest
Russ & Barbara Mann (G1967T)
Stewart Smith + 1
The 67Delilah Family (3)
Dean T
ShanMan (+1)
Randy Bosscars (+12????!!!!)
Steve (bassfromspace+1)
Jill Gipson +1
Mr and Ms abn (+ chilluns?)
Mike McKelvey

Maybes:
Freekenstang (?+1)
70Sportsroof (?)

Glenn Morgan: 66 GT V-Burgundy Fastback 351w+toploader+9 in. TracLoc. Started out as a rusted-out Chicago-area crusher. After sacrificing a solid 66 coupe for its sheetmetal sub-assemblies, I have one solid (and expensive) work in progress!

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
I'll be there..I'll be there..banquet room, main seating area, parking lot, brown bag lunch, hotdogs on a stick, what ever we decide..Oh by the way..did I mention..I'LL BE THERE!!!...*LOL*

'59 T-Bird..[color:blue]'70 Mustang Convert</font color=blue>...[color:green]'72 Mach One</font color=green>
http://clubs.hemmings.com/baymustang/t-bird.jpg
The Black Bird At 42,she's the oldest in my Ford stable

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I know, I know... this is getting a little repetive.

I regularly bring people together from all over the country for meetings and it is never easy to get everyone in agreement on the details. They call me 'Mr. Overcommunication' at work *LOL*.

One thing's for sure, there are always compromises made in these arrangements and I'm sure this'll be no exception.

The overriding aspect of this is that we'll get to hang out with everyone for the evening. And I tend to look at it like you - everything else is secondary. I'm ready to do this under any conditions.

So again, I apologize for the 'ad nauseum' factor here.

Glenn Morgan: 66 GT V-Burgundy Fastback 351w+toploader+9 in. TracLoc. Started out as a rusted-out Chicago-area crusher. After sacrificing a solid 66 coupe for its sheetmetal sub-assemblies, I have one solid (and expensive) work in progress!

G

·
0 Posts
I'm game for either plan. I'm just looking forward to meeting some of the Mustang folks since I've only had my car for two weeks now. KnottHeads indeed!

Jill(CA)
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1262793&a=12244904&p=44550064&Sequence=0&res=high.jpg

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
Maybe we can just use Don Jose's parking lot and sit on the pavement and had out cans of chili and plastic spoons..*LOL*

'59 T-Bird..[color:blue]'70 Mustang Convert</font color=blue>...[color:green]'72 Mach One</font color=green>
http://clubs.hemmings.com/baymustang/t-bird.jpg
The Black Bird At 42,she's the oldest in my Ford stable

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Plastic flatware would be way too formal for this crowd. Let's just eat it with our hands!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts