Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a small fleck of camera case finish missing on my recently replaced instrument bezel (poor quality repo parts!). I was wondering if anybody could help suggesting a paint that I can touch it up with to blend well with the camera case finish. Will any flat black do?

Thanks,
Troy

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
I'd get a sampling of black paints and test some on another surface before painting your bezel.

If you can't find a good color / finish match see if the paints can be mixed and do so....again, let a sample dry on something else before putting it on the bezel. Good luck - Dickson

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
You can often get the results wanted by using a gloss paint for the first layer and a flat paint for the final. The final layer is painted in a series of mist thin passes until you achieve the desired results. Be sure to use and test paints for compatibility.

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I'll do that. However, I was hoping somebody would chime in here who has done this already. Anybody???

G

·
I did this recently and according to the suggestion of some kind folks on here used Semi-Flat Black. I think it was just Krylon. Matched perfectly. If you don't need to spray, just spray a little in the cap and use a brush.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts