Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its WG2020 Mig/Flux welder with the gas kit. This sounds like a pretty good deal to me (although I'm somewhat uneducated......THATS why I'm posting!!!). Whadda ya say metal-men, is it good enough for fender and small potatoes welding??

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
from the campbell-hausfeld website:

MIG Flux 80 wire feed welder
Model: WG202000AV
Wire feed welder provides an instant arc, making it easier to use
MIG kit is included, giving you expanded capabilities and increased satisfaction
115-Volt Input lets you plug in anywhere, saving cost of wiring for 230 volt
30-70 Amp Output welds 24g – 3/16” steel, making it easy to match heat to metal

Warranty: 5 Years
Approx. Retail-New Unit: $351.00

Click on the image to enlarge

The WG2020: Restoring your pick-up? Repairing your aluminum toolbox? Reworking your pipe-fence? Refinishing your tractor? Renewing your trailer? No need to take it to a pro when you can be welding tonight with the Campbell Hausfeld MIG-Flux 80 Wire Feed Welder. With 115-Volt input, there is no need for expensive plugs or wiring. With Quad heat settings, smooth DC power output, and infinite wire speed control, you can get great results welding steel as thin as 24 gauge, up to 3/16” thick, and aluminum up to 1/8.” The welder comes complete with everything you need to be welding steel with flux-core wire in minutes, and you only need a gas bottle for MIG set up. The welder is backed by the Campbell Hausfeld 5-Year warranty, and our 800 hotline to answer any questions.

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
I dunno....I'm a semi-newbie at welding, but I'm soooo glad I bought a MIG with INFINITE HEAT control instead of the FOUR SETTINGS heat control....

I'm still learning but I've already found out different sections of the same thin metal can require slight changes in heat to get a good weld AND get good penetration

·
Registered
680 Posts
I have about the same welder. Mine is a Century. It is an 80 amp gas compatable unit. I have had it about 7 years. Don't use it much, but, has always done everything I need to do...
I have replaced floor pans, put in patch panels, and welded exhaust systems with it.
The only time I ever had to wait on it was doing exhaust work. I was useing flux core wire, and had exhaust system on the ground...used it about 15 minutes, then had to stop for about 5 minutes, till it cooled off a little...I was ready for a break, anyway...
For around the home garage, I would think that you would be happy with it. When you start on thin metal, be perpared to buy the bottle, and some argon, or whatever....you will need it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts