Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's a person on e(B)ay selling a mexican 302 block that says they can ship through UPS. They gave me an estimate of $72.00 for shipping.

How much does a block weigh? I didn't figure a block could be shipped through UPS!

http://www.shawneelink.net/~zosoiv71/mex.jpg

·
Registered
194 Posts
You can ship VERY heavy things through UPS. It is the girth they are concerned about. A block is small enough, and eaisly not the heaviest thing on the truck.
JH

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Are there any restrictions on this? I've just suddenly thought maybe i could get a FE block shipped to me, but it would depend on a lot of things.
Whizco, do you have a rough idea how far you would get that block shipped for that $72? Is it only by truck or could a block be sent by air - anyone know??!

Thanks,

Gary

G

·
0 Posts
I though you were limited to 70 lbs.

I think FEDEX ground is more liberal.

I could ship '88 bucket seats FEDEX ground, but not UPS. I think that was a length/girth issue though.

Either way, they both have web sites.

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
I was going to have a Mex 302 shipped from Las Vegas to Portland. Most of the quotes were in the $100-150 range. It became prohibitive for me. Luckily a fellow VMFer hooked me up with one 30 miles away.

Just for your info. A bare Mexican 302 block with the mains installed weighs approx 135 lbs.

Good luck with the project.

·
Registered
930 Posts
IIRC UPS has a service called 100 weight or something like that. I did see a listing on UPS.com

·
Registered
625 Posts
I just got a package from Iowa to Indiana, weighing 120 lb by UPS for $55 shipping. The only problem was the square box looked more round when it got here. With a bare block, it should make it OK.

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
I got a 9 inch housing and chunk - wt 135 ups 75.00.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts