Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think mine is bad, wipers won't go to park, they just stop whenever I put the switch to off. I tested the motor (found a process on-line) and it checks good, will go to park when tested. Would like to find a guide to checking continuity in low, high, and off (park). Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

·
Registered
502 Posts
Check the ground at the motor. Also, I believe these motors have a park switch built in that could be bad.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I just checked my manual and there is a park switch in the motor and it is adjustable. Your switch has nothing to do with the park function.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Ford factory service manual. Mine is in PDF and I cant copy the directions for you for some reason. I got the whole manual for around $16.00 online. Its been a lifesaver.

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
Agree with the motor being the issue. I've never had a bad wiper switch, but have had to clean plenty of the motors to get them to park correctly.

This is the manual you want.

https://www.npdlink.com/product/sho...=manual&top_parent=200001&year=1970&year=1970

FYI -the PDF versions are nice if that's how you roll. From what I've heard, some versions are locked so you can't even print off the pages you need. Buyer beware.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Since the motor runs, that is not the problem. There are two park switches- one in the dash switch, and one in the motor. One of them may be bad, or the connecting wires may be disconnected. This schematic shows how the system in a 69 works- I assume the 70 is the same or very similar since they are brother cars in most respects:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Since the motor runs, that is not the problem. There are two park switches- one in the dash switch, and one in the motor. One of them may be bad, or the connecting wires may be disconnected. This schematic shows how the system in a 69 works- I assume the 70 is the same or very similar since they are brother cars in most respects:
Thanks Mach1 Driver!

·
Registered
502 Posts
It does look like there is a contact between Lo and Off in the switch. I suppose it could be dirty but I doubt it. I would focus more on the park switch in the motor.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts