Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
19,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I order the decal set for Trouble, I'd love to see how it would look on the car. Can anyone play with one of my fastback photos and put the GT rocker stripes on it with "TROUBLE" in place of the GT350H? It would be a big help, thanks!

Oh, I can get a picture with a better angle this weekend to make it easier.

·
Registered
110 Posts
If you email me the pics I could doctor something up for you. I am much better with graphic arts than with engines ::

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Any reason why you are using the decals? I am repainting my GT and after considering the decal/paint decision I decided to go with paint. The only reason I could think of for using decals over paint was for concourse reasons which is definately not a consideration for me :)
Dave

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Robbie did something like that for Cloney. Perhaps Robbie or Cloney will pipe in.

·
Administrator
19,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally, we were going to paint the stripe, but then decided it was too difficult. We were in a hurry at the time, too. Now that we have a little more time, I may be able to convince Chuck to paint it on. Either that, or I'll get a local airbrush artist to help out. I wonder how "TROUBLE" would look in script rather than the typical block letters? ;)

I do want to have this on the car before the San Diego show so that gives me about six weeks to decide and get it done. However, first, we have to finish wetsanding the lower portions of the car. ::

·
Banned
4,774 Posts
Being as Trouble IS a little bit different than most 68s. How about 390LS at the front of the stripe , and TROUBLE at the rear end of the stripe on the quarter . :)

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
The custom lettering would certainly add to the appearance. It's such a unique looking stang that it would go well with the overall look. Of course, if you decide to use different script you now have to decide upon one of a thousand fonts. Ohhhh the decisions! ::

·
Administrator
19,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is the best side picture I have right now, so I'll get a new one this weekend that shows the side better.

I'm guessing that most everyone would agree that there needs to be a side stripe to break up all that blue?

http://www.tucsonpony.com/100th2.jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts