Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few pictures from the Spa Classic over here in Belgium.
These two GT350s gave it their best shot at mating... hurts just to watch.

·
Premium Member
10,807 Posts
rolly polly give the dog a bone ! the cage held up. i have seen a few old mustangs racing mustangs do the roll and not sustain bad damage due to the roll cage. i saw a 65 shelby gt350 that did a complete roll and landed back on its tires sustain minimal damage. the roof needed some work but the quarters, doors and front fender had minimal damage. that wreck above is what happens when 2 vehicles try to occupy the same space. the right rear went flat on the red one.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Ouch. That looks painful...for the cars!

·
Premium Member
11,444 Posts
It may be the camera angle or other factors but in the first photo look at how flat the red car is and how the body is rolling on the white car.
Maybe one of our suspension experts can diagnose that photo for us.

·
Spammer Hammer
9,538 Posts
White car is definitely turning in. You can see the angle of his right front wheel is turned into the turn. You can also the the e red car's fronts are mostly straight which would explain why his car is mostly flat. Red car probably entered the turn a little hot. White car was already turning in with his right QP clearly ahead of the red car. I believe that signifies that the white car had the right of way in vintage rules.

·
Registered
8,002 Posts
Red car came in way too hot. You can see that the weight is shifted towards front and the LF tire is locked up. You can also see rubber strips trailing behind the red car. He lost control way before that first pic.

·
Premium Member
6,181 Posts
Red car came in way too hot. You can see that the weight is shifted towards front and the LF tire is locked up. You can also see rubber strips trailing behind the red car. He lost control way before that first pic.
I think you and Patrick are right about #11 being too fast. The #4 was taking a predictable line into the turn and should have been clear but for #11's speed.

Note the "better safe than sorry" driver in #33. :pirate:

·
Registered
8,002 Posts
It must really suck when you crash then. This kind of hurts a little bit :crying:
They're just cars. I really doubt the originality of exterior parts (quarters, fenders, doors) on the real R models. Those things when raced originally were just race cars. They beat and banged those things just like they do to today's cars.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts