Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car, a 65 200 6, has a breather cap and a road draft tube. At idle, blowby gas can be seen if looking under the hood, and I'd like to take care of that and install a PCV system like most of you have. I know I would need to purchase a new valve cover that has the spot for a pcv valve, and a push on oil cap for it, would I need to purchase a new carb spacer? Im ignorant to this, talk to me like Im 5.

Also, with the road draft tube, by closing off the oil cap would it do any damage to performance or internal engine components? Or would the air needed in the valve cover that was once taken in through the oil cap just be taken in through the pcv valve? I hope this isnt confusing or make me look like an idiot....

Thanks for all your help.

·
Registered
38,178 Posts
Install the later PCV-enabled valve cover either the "open" style with the vented oil cap or "closed" style with the vent running to the air filter housing. Remove the road draft tube and plug the hole with a freeze plug.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts