Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My goal is to get the engine put back together, tranny/clutch mounted to the block and the engine/tranny combo stuffed into the car by this weekend... A big goal but do-able...if I can get several days of uninterupted time.

I'll order the parts I need from NAPA; they can get them in overnight without extra shipping. I'm figuring about $400 should get the engine running. So, by throwing money and time at it, it could happen...I "could" start the engine by Sunday nite!!!! :: :: :: :) :( :eek: :: :D :: :: :: :: ;) :p (This is my emotional state at the moment, hehe)

The mustang would "run", but not move. I have no drive line, rear suspension, or brakes, or fuel line yet. I still have the original fuel line, and may clean it up, inspect it and re-use it if necessary. If not, I will draw the gas up through a gas can for now.

If I can just hear the sweet sound of the little engine pulsing through the uncorked headers, I will be more than thrilled!! The remaining suspension and brakes can be completed this fall. Then, maybe, just maybe, I can drive the mustang I've never driven....

·
Registered
288 Posts
Good luck. I have owned several Mustangs in the past that weren't driveable when I brought them home. That first time you are able to take it out on the open road after months of hard work is truely exhilarating! :)

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
Sure you can. Just send the wife shopping, take the phone off the hook & limit yourself on the beer intake.

·
Just some guy
67 coupe, 69 Sportsroof, 86 hatchback
20,823 Posts
So sitting behind the wheel making VROOM VROOM noise is no longer enough for you huh? :D
Go for it! Try not to get in too big of a rush so you can avoid as many dumb mistakes as possible. The faster you try to accomplish something the more that kind of thing tends to occur. Or it does to me anyway.
Keep progress posted!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts