Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a dumb thing I guess.I cut the passenger floor out and torque box is bad and a little of the frame rail also.I am in the process of cutting the torque box out and cant get under it low enough to drill spot welds out on where it welds to the bottom of the frame rail.Can I jack it up now or is the car to week with the floor and torque box cut out?Whats my options?

·
Registered
500 Posts
Are the engine and front suspension still on the car? If so, the weight of these could tweak the weakened frame if you jack the car up behind the torque box area. Car ramps might work, or jack the car up by the lower control arm and by the passenger rocker panel to distribute the weight evenly.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
69Mach1_itch said:
Are the engine and front suspension still on the car? If so, the weight of these could tweak the weakened frame if you jack the car up behind the torque box area. Car ramps might work, or jack the car up by the lower control arm and by the passenger rocker panel to distribute the weight evenly.
yea,motor and trany are still in car.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Maybe roll it over a ditch on sturdy plank. Sometimes you have to get dirty.

·
Registered
10,287 Posts
I think you should remove all the weight you can: engine, transmission, rear end

Then jack it up. Make sure you get it level. Make sure all the measurements are correct and then keep going.

·
Registered
90 Posts
How about buy a right angle attachment for your drill, or buy a cheapie drill that is shorter? Different brands/qualities will vary a lot in length.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1967 Mustang coupe said:
How about buy a right angle attachment for your drill, or buy a cheapie drill that is shorter? Different brands/qualities will vary a lot in length.
Kinda what I am thinking about doing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts