Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a pic of (or narrative description) of how and where the lower front valance bracket attaches @ the frame/front bumper bracket.

The bracket is "U" channel shaped, like this ---> [ except turned 90°

These:
http://i7.ebayimg.com/03/i/04/68/50/06_1_b.JPG

Does the channel face UP and attach at the top of the bottom frame rail lip area - or does the channel face DOWN and attach at the bottom of the bottom frame rail lip area...?

They were not on my car when I got it - so I have never seen how they are supposed to go. Also, what hardware is used to install the brackets @ the frame and @ the front valance ?

Sorry for so many questions, and thanks in advance.

·
Registered
838 Posts
The info I have in the crash book shows that the bar is channel up conected from the bumper support to one of the fender bolts that connect to the valance below the marker light.

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
Does the channel face UP and attach at the top of the bottom frame rail lip area - or does the channel face DOWN and attach at the bottom of the bottom frame rail lip area...?

Attach to the bottom of the frame and to the fender - open side of the channel down ( [ this side-down) - nut clips installed in the frame and fender opening

·
Registered
695 Posts
If I had them I'd post a pic. Mine were so mangled when I got the car. I made replacements out of aluminum.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Attach to the bottom of the frame and to the fender - open side of the channel down ( [ this side-down) - nut clips installed in the frame and fender opening
Just a quick clarification to avoid any confusion, the brace attaches to the front bumper mounting arm/brace and not the frame. The frame has no provision to attach the fender brace. The bumper arm does. ::

·
Registered
771 Posts
Ok... here's my version.

Both nut clips attached to the bracket you fabricated and "U" shape goes up. Bolts from the bottom up, go through the hole in the front bumper bracket and the hole in the valance under the marker light. Here's a picture where you can see it all... Good luck.

http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/forums/photopost486/uploads/26940/5.jpg

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts