Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
The gas pedal is not affected.
The brake pedal would be a narrower than normal for an auto car but I can't see how it would interfere with the conversion.

·
Registered
315 Posts
It will be fine. Leave the clutch in, in case you want to switch back. My clutch on my car is always depressed down and covered with the floor mat, cause I have an auto.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
The automatic brake pedals and the manual brake pedals are identical except for the sheet metal foot pad part. You can get a manual pad and cut your auto pedal to fit (I use the clutch pedal as a template on 65-69 cars as it is a mirror image of the brake pedal)

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
That's what I've got in my car currently, with an auto. I'm keeping them in, because I've got a Tremec TKO just sitting out in the garage just waiting to be put in.

·
Administrator
19,298 Posts
Mine was that way when I bought it. I was quite surprised to find a clutch pedal when I pulled up what was left of the carpet. It's still there as it gave me ideas of switching from an automatic to a 5 speed.
I converted SWMBO's '86 to an AOD. It was a year before I finally got around to swapping out the pedals. I shouldn't have bothered because she never noticed the pedal under the carpet anyway. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts