Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Big Question:

Note the special rocker panel and the rear flare that was added to the lower section of the fender well.

I love the overall looks of this 1967 Shelby Mustang clone because of the special ground effects added to the rocker panel and the flare on the bottom of the rear fender well.

Can anybody tell me if the rocker panel and rear fender flare are something that can be purchased ready-made via an aftermarket vendor, or were these a one-off custom modification added by the car owner?

Also, does anybody know who the ower of this special clone might be?

Cliff

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
According to many, the best fitting "Eleanor" body kits come from Mustangs To Fear.

Mustangs to Fear
I have no reason to disagree that Mustangs To Fear offers the best fitting kits for an "Eleanor" Recreation but we are not building an Eleanor, we are building a 1967 Shelby Mustang Clone; therefore, while there may be other vendors, as near as I can tell after looking at both catalogs, only Mustangs Plus sells the special ground effects kit we had been looking for.

Thanks just the same,

Cliff

:cheers:

·
Just some guy
67 coupe, 69 Sportsroof, 86 hatchback
20,609 Posts
Ummm, '67 Shelby's didn't have ground effects or that bit you are admiring. So a Shelby "clone" wouldn't have them either. If you actually doing a Shelby-ish styled car with a few modified twists, then that's fine and nevermind.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ummm, '67 Shelby's didn't have ground effects or that bit you are admiring. So a Shelby "clone" wouldn't have them either. If you actually doing a Shelby-ish styled car with a few modified twists, then that's fine and nevermind.
GypsyR,

Agreed, and note that in my opening remarks I did say that the ground effects had been added to the clone.

"Note the special rocker panel and the rear flare that was added to the lower section of the fender well.

I love the overall looks of this 1967 Shelby Mustang clone because of the special ground effects added to the rocker panel and the flare on the bottom of the rear fender well."

I also said in another post, "That special ground-effects add-on gives the look of a 1967 Shelby Mustang clone the added 21st Century twist it needed."

Cliff
:cheers:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts