Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
C9ZB(or a 3) 6524148 CW

I will give you a hint... its pull cups for a 69 or 70. Can anyone explain WHY they didn't change the number over to D0Z on the 70 pull cups that were shorter than 69?

·
Registered
10,460 Posts
Ford would have generated a different part number since the parts are not interchangeable. Why do you think they didn't?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From 2 posters here yesterday mentioned they believe that to be true and I talked a guy over at NPD who verified this info.
It doesn't make sense to me too... thats why I need someone to verify this part number. That is the part number on the pieces I bought that don't fit my 69 Deluxe door panels. (2" too short - which indicates a 70)

·
Registered
10,460 Posts
NPD's catalog shows 2 different part numbers for the cups. One for 69 and another one for 1970

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
actually, what happened (if my alzheimer's isnt failing me) is that Ford changed the cup in mid year 69 to the shorter version, hence the retention of the c9zb number. I will have to pull my thick parts guide out to verify this tho....

randy

·
Registered
10,460 Posts
That makes sense and would also explain why the part number she gave had a revision level of C

·
Premium Member
773 Posts
Say Boss, if your alzeimers failed you, how would you know?

BossBill

1 - 7 of 7 Posts