Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
I'm an hour or so away and have a cousin I could visit in Hamburg. PM me.

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, this all might be for nothing.

POSSIBLE SCAM ALERT!

The listing has the car in Hamburg Michigan, but I get a response that the car is currently in Miami (Hey, that is where I am!!) and he can not show it as he is currently on an oil rig in Mexico. He sent photos of the car, but did not answer any of my questions about the build or how it runs. The pictures are obviously not from South Florida.

·
Premium Member
5,924 Posts
Yup David, the scam clues are there alright. A small town at least an hour's drive from a major airport for the listing location, then a 1,400 mile change of location (because someone is willing to make arrangements to have it seen), and then someone trying to sell a car while on an off shore oil rig in the first place. Who the hell tries to sell a car this way?

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi David and thank you for your interest,

please check out the pics. This was my dad's but unfortunately I do not have enough room for her and has to go. Clean title, not salvaged, no liens.

Currently the vehicle is in Miami, FL. Unfortunately I can't show it to you in person because I was just sent off to the rig in the Gulf of Mexico.

I'm using a trusted third-party to complete the sale of the vehicle which makes this a lot easier. They are a shipping and escrow company that reduces the risk of fraud for both parties. The vehicle will be delivered to you and then you have an inspection period for test driving or even to have it checked out by your mechanic. The price includes delivery within the US and escrow fee.

--
Kind regards,

Roger Sauter
Deepwater Drilling Engineer
BSChE
Equinor ASA - Energy Company

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I like the details about the engine, but when I asked him for more details, he only sent photos. I see subframe connectors, deep oil pan, 5 lug rims. Looks like its a nice car, too bad it doe not look like its really for sale.

Vehicle Description

1976 Ford Mustang Cobra ii

Powered by a strong 393 cubic inch Windsor with a comp cams roller camshaft and. 1.60 and 2.02 valve PRO MAXX aluminum heads. ( makes aprox 450 hp and 480 ft lbs torque) Shot peeened and magnafluxed rods and hypueretic dish pistons (aprox 11:00 to 1 compression ) Burns 92 octance pump gas . Msd ignition system pro billet distributor. Fuel injected with Msd atomic throttle body and fuel pump ( complete system) Transmission is tremec 3650 5 speed.

·
Premium Member
5,924 Posts

....I'm using a trusted third-party to complete the sale of the vehicle which makes this a lot easier. They are a shipping and escrow company (Fake company and website that looks real at first glance. Any monies sent go directly to the scammer.) that reduces the risk of fraud for both parties. The vehicle will be delivered to you (No, it won't) and then you have an inspection period for test driving or even to have it checked out by your mechanic. The price includes delivery within the US and escrow fee. (Because sure, why not?)

Roger Sauter Fake name. Any monies sent must be made payable to another name or entity, guaranteed.
Deepwater Drilling Engineer Fake title
BSChE Fake degree in Chemical Engineering
Equinor ASA - Energy Company Real company with over 20,000 employees worldwide one of whom is probably named Roger Sauter but who wouldn't know a Cobra II if it hit him.
David (69GT350H) already caught on to this scumbag. For the uninitiated, see bold italics above. The clincher; Fake "Shipping and Escrow" companies are on the rise in the world of scamming.

·
Registered
955 Posts

please check out the pics. This was my dad's but unfortunately I do not have enough room for her and has to go. Clean title, not salvaged, no liens.

Currently the vehicle is in Miami, FL. Unfortunately I can't show it to you in person because I was just sent off to the rig in the Gulf of Mexico.

I'm using a trusted third-party to complete the sale of the vehicle which makes this a lot easier. They are a shipping and escrow company that reduces the risk of fraud for both parties. The vehicle will be delivered to you and then you have an inspection period for test driving or even to have it checked out by your mechanic. The price includes delivery within the US and escrow fee.

--
Kind regards,

Roger Sauter
BSChE
Definitely a scam.!!
Once I was interested in a car in EU (I’m also here!) and was the same procedure. Someone would bring the car over to you, you inspect it and if all is fine, then you pay. Of course the transport had to be paid, hahaha.!!!!
Let it go as fast as you can.!

Josep

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Definitely a scam.!!
Once I was interested in a car in EU (I’m also here!) and was the same procedure. Someone would bring the car over to you, you inspect it and if all is fine, then you pay. Of course the transport had to be paid, hahaha.!!!!
Let it go as fast as you can.!

Josep
I'm sure in this case he wants payment upfront before he makes the delivery before you get to inspect the car. Truth being, the car will never be delivered, and the seller will disappear with your money.

·
Premium Member
10,293 Posts
It's probably the typical scam. The scammer "steals" the photos and description from an ad and then he posts a for sale ad on some other website. Since he's so far away from civilization he offers to ship the car to any prospective buyer and then the buyer can look it over and make his decision. Of course the transportation charge must be paid up front. So the unsuspecting buyer sends the scammer $999 for transportation through Western Union, the car never arrives, WU says "sorry", the scammer has $999 in his pocket and the buyer gets screwed all the way around.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
So now that the seller has stopped responding to me, let me post where I found this car for sale:

And I repeat, this car may not actually exist, it for sure is not for sale. This is a scam listing.
That whole website looks like a scam.

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That whole website looks like a scam.

·
Registered
1 Posts
wow......I am not a mustang guy, but I am a car guy. I joined your forum to thank everyone this guy, Roger Sauter Deepwater Drilling Engineer..... is trying to pull the same scam with a 1975 Toyota fj55.... same name same story different car..... wow!
Thank again
Carstruck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Good morning fellow car enthusiast
THIS IS A TOTAL SCAM
This is the response I got when I inquired about a 1965 Comet for $9400
Please repost to all site that you maybe members of, let's not let anyone get screwed by this AH.

On Wed, Dec 11, 2019 at 7:37 AM Roger Sauter <[email protected]> wrote:
Hi and thank you for your interest,

--
Best regards,

Roger Sauter
BSChE

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am in Miami Fl and hate to purchase a car sight unseen. Might there be someone in the Hamburg Michigan area that can take a look at a car for me?

Thanks in advance.
TOTAL SCAM DO NOT TAKE THE BAIT
He also wants you to use his fake escro shipping company www.eas-transport.com/how-it-works/
DON'T DUE IT

On Wed, Dec 11, 2019 at 7:37 AM Roger Sauter <[email protected]> wrote:
Hi and thank you for your interest,

--
Best regards,

Roger Sauter
BSChE

1 - 17 of 17 Posts