Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been working on my friends 72 LTD for awhile now, and due to some family squabbling and a misuse of allocated funding, I may be getting this car for free. It has a 351C/C-6 in it. I was thinking of pulling the motor, putting some cash into it and putting it in my 67. I figure the exhaust and all will be different, I would just need a 4spd cleveland bellhousing though right? What about the flywheel? I was also thinking of taking the 9in from the car, but that would require some work to put under my car. Could I use the disc brakes on my 67? I would just like to get all the usable parts off this car before I get rid of the body, if I do get the car. :)

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
The 351C has the same bellhousing, motor mounts, flywheel bolt pattern, and balance.....so a clutch setup behind a 351W should work fine.

The brackets currently bolted to the front of the Cleveland will need to be used.

The radiator lower hose may not be on the same side.

I cant say about manual tranny compatible headers........but I have used heddman's economy 351C 2V headers with a C6 and a C4.....by turning the collector flange a certain position, they even cleared a C6 (though it was close). Their biggest drawback is that they dont drop as far as Id prefer and depending on motor mounts one side of the exhaust may have to do a zig zag to clear part of the front subframe.

Ive used a few intakes for 2V heads. The performer is OK, but runs out of breath by 5-5.5K.......the discontinued Holley street dominator, which is a single plane, has a little more range and doesnt do too bad down low (for a single plane). I have a weiand xcelerator I need to put on which is the best regarded intake for 2V heads (though it has the least hood clearance for the air cleaner AND to use it properly, weiand recommends you gasket match the intake ports essentially). One note.....intakes designed for 4V heads USUALLY WONT WORK ON 2V HEADS!!!

Ive never owned a 67, so I can't say anything about hood clearance on a Cleveland in them....but I cant imagine it's be that much less than 69/70.

There are two places to connect the oil pressure sender...one is just like a 302, just above the fuel pump (beginning of the lubrication system). The other is on top of the back of the block...I use this one because it can better show any potential oiling problems.

One thing I will say.....as big as Cleveland heads are physically, watch the heater hose barbs sticking out from the firewall....Ive ruined a heater core dropping a Cleveland in (ZERO FUN!!!).

Man, Im writing novels today!!!!! hopefully some of this will help you plan.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts