Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alas, I am totally unable to go there. I downloaded AIM and am shown as "connected" with that service, but when I click on the chat hyperlink I get the message "this program has performed an illegal function" and am forced to cancel the attempted shortcut. I've had some issues with shortcuts on this computer before, getting illegal function messages on other shortcut attempts. Apparently have a bug of some sort that precludes some VBS files from working properly. There's seemingly no way around that problem while I'm using Netscape. Would it perhaps let me in if I use that dreaded IE?

Dang! Just when I got used to being "strange", I became a "newbie". So what the sam hell is that?

G

·
I know I have to (AHHHHj) start up IE to click on the Chat link. Doesn't work with my NS 6.

But I don't get an illegal error

TJ -wrenchhead wannabee or is it neverwere

Highland Village, TX (DFW area)

66 coupe 302 2v c4 -daily driver
94 GT vert -SWMBO's
93 Aerostar - hauling stuff
50 Mercury Pickup - waiting to be restored, stored back home

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
Hey Kelly, lots of people are having problems with Netscape. Hoosierbuddy did last night until he updated to the newest version of netscape. This allowed him to chat. Hope this helps.....

See my 69 convertible and the VMF parking lot at: http://www.geocities.com/Bishir1/FrontPage.html
http://www.jps.net/binay/webdocs/frontside_sig01.JPG

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What's really weird is that Netscape 6 doesn't support voice chat, which I use sometimes in Yahoo chat rooms. You would think that whoever wrote the programming would be able to think of something like that before releasing it for use. But then again.....

Dang! Just when I got used to being "strange", I became a "newbie". So what the sam hell is that?

·
Premium Member
19,232 Posts
I had problems last night connecting...got the error messages, but the 3rd time it worked.

Then I got problems within the Chat Room...but not of the connection types!

Let me check your shorts! My multimeter is just a-waiting!
King of the Old Farts *struts*

1 - 5 of 5 Posts