Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it’s bad to cover a car in moist weather. But I need to move my convertible mustang out of the garage for 2 weeks so the bathroom remodelers can use the garage for their work. Do you think 2 weeks with some rain with a covered car will result in mold issues? Or with the short time frame it would be ok?

Allen

·
Registered
44 Posts
I know it’s bad to cover a car in moist weather. But I need to move my convertible mustang out of the garage for 2 weeks so the bathroom remodelers can use the garage for their work. Do you think 2 weeks with some rain with a covered car will result in mold issues? Or with the short time frame it would be ok?

Allen
Not a Mustang but kept a Miata (convertible) outside from November thru March in western Pa. It was under a Wolf cover purchased from Summit-not hi end. No problems. I would think your 2 weeks should be ok.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Think of it this way. If you were on a 2 week vacation, would you have to keep your car covered? If it isn't leaking now, then you don't even need a tarp over it (though you could just put one over it for S&Gs.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
IMO, if the car doesn't leak you'd be better off to leave it uncovered. If the cover gets wet, the car will stay wet til the cover dries. I run a sign shop out of my garage. Occasionally I have to put the car outside, but I have a tent (ShelterLogic) to pull it into if the weather is wet. I use my car cover when it's in the garage to keep the sawdust off it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts