Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a 70 vert and will be storing it inside, unheated for winter in Pa. Anybody have any recommendations/opinions on what type or brand of cover is best, or what to keep away from? Thanks for your advice.

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
I bought a super thick, super heavy canvas cover that custom fits my 68 vert. Weighs 25 pounds and is the best protection for dust and door dings. INDOOR USE ONLY.

Can't remember who makes it. PM me and I'll look for the receipt.

·
Registered
654 Posts
The biggest thing to remember is that the cover has got to let the car breathe. You don't want moisture to be trapped inside, otherwise you'll get mold. If it's inside, a light cloth cover should work as you just want to keep dust off of it. Crack your windows a bit to help air circulate and if there's chance you might have mice, make sure you turn your sun visors down so there's nothing for vermin to sit on (they'll chew your headliner).

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Put a tray of baking soda in the car to absorb moisture.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the tips guys. 68R-know the one you're talking about. Jaeger-great tip about mice and sunvisors....because in the winter, mice like it indoors in maine and nova scotia!

·
Registered
208 Posts
CARCOVERS.COM

Enter the code halloween for 10% off.

Enter code halloween at view cart to get your discount
Offer valid through 11:59 PM (ET), Oct 31, 2007 at CarsCover.com excluding tax and shipping charges. Promotional Code good for new purchases made through this promotion only; does not apply to previously placed orders. Only one Promotional Code may be used per order. Offer is nontransferable without consent from CarsCover.com. Cannot be combined with any other offers. Employees are not eligible. If you have any questions, please call Toll Free 866-684-2768.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts