Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is finally back on the road and running better than ever! I have a few reviews that I thought may aid in your future decisions.

First off the Keith Craft engine is WONDERFUL. Gobs of power and it starts right up every time. My experience with Keith Craft was great from day one. I highly recommend KC to anyone looking for a crate engine.

MustangSteve products- I bought an aluminum radiator and the front cobra brake brackets from MustangSteve. The radiator keeps the engine in the 180-195 range in 90 degree weather in stop and go traffic without breaking a sweat. And the brake brackets went on with out any hitches. The cobra brakes are a HUGE improvement over my previous drums.

I also bought Bilstein shocks from Shaun at Street or Track. The shocks combined with 4.5 mideyes on the back and 720's cut half coil up front really woke up the handling of the car. The ride is firm but still comfortable and it takes corners WAY better than it did before.

As you can probably tell the Stang is a whole new animal and I could not be any happier :pirate:

·
Registered
9,104 Posts
Re: Car is back on the road

That's great! Can you post more info on your suspension? What size tires? Shelby (Arning :p ) Drop? [strike]Can you get some new pictures of your cars stance?[/strike]

I'm looking forward to the pictures. I'd like to buy new shocks, springs, and tires for a winter project but I have a lot of research to do.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Stance is the best part in my opinion

Front suspension- Stock uppers and lowers. Arning drop. 720's cut a half coil.

Rear- Mustangs plus 4.5 mideyes, racing shackles.

And then the bilstein shocks. That is pretty much it.

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
Looks great. I like the stance.

Every time I see a blue Mustang with white stripes I get really pi$$ed off that I let my wife talk me out of it!!!!

Especially when I look at this picture. Beautiful coupe!
http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_images/2/3945/41/22360020002_large.jpg

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Frank65 said:
Looks great. I like the stance.

Every time I see a blue Mustang with white stripes I get really pi$$ed off that I let my wife talk me out of it!!!!

Especially when I look at this picture. Beautiful coupe!
http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_images/2/3945/41/22360020002_large.jpg
Those are old pics, I am going to try to take new ones tonight. Thanks for the compliments though!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts