Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after alot of planning and a REALLY busy day, my fastback is finally over at the guy's shop and is going to be "sugar sand blasted." I was told this would not generate the immense heat that warps panels and and would work great. My goal of late may just might be reasonable after all :) He is gonna start working on it monday and it might even be ready by the end of the week. From there, it goes to paint and body. I guess that means I really need to get serious about finding a paint scheme... I have been thinking about the laser red metallic that comes on late models and some kind of black racing stripes although I would still have to determine dimensions and what kind of stripes. Anyways, hopefully May, I want all my friends to see what I was working on all those times when I didn't go out. LOL shoulda seen the looks on some of their faces when they saw the car stripped down. hehehe

~Chris
San Antonio, Tx
66 coupe 289
70 fastback done by may/graduation...hopefully

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Isn't it fun to see the looks on everyone's face when they see the car all torn down during the resto? They can't begin to imagine that the stripped-down hulk before them is a future show car in the making.

Years ago, I had my brother salvage a Toyota SR-5 4x4 for me but the first time my wife saw it, he hadn't touched it yet. The front was still in a v-shape formed by the bridge abutment it had hit and there was shattered glass all over the interior. She thought we were both nuts until she saw the finished product, which turned out to be one of the nicest trucks in the San Fernando Valley at the time.

So go for it and enjoy every minute of their shock and surprise!

My Ponies
http://www.ultranet.com/~bpratt/images/Mach1painted.jpg http://www.ultranet.com/~bpratt/images/65vert.jpg

·
Registered
283 Posts
If you don't mind me asking, roughly how much does the blasting job run? I'm gonna have to figure something out, mine has more rust than the Titanic.

67 FB GT S-code
4-speed

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The job is gonna cost me around 350 to 375. It includes blasting the engine compartment and exterior minus the hood and a fender (which are already done) and primiring (sp?) the car. The car is being shot with sugar sand.

~Chris
San Antonio, Tx
66 coupe 289
70 fastback done by may/graduation...hopefully

1 - 4 of 4 Posts