1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has a 4-post lift? I'm looking at:

http://www.backyardbuddy.com/

www.autolifters.com

At this point, leaning toward the autolifters. Appears they both have the same construction features.

I recall someone here had a failure (fluid leak) in theirs? Which lift?

·
Registered
4,693 Posts
for the cost of a backyard buddy, I would just look at challenger or some other industrial quality lift companies. i have seen the backyard buddy many times 7 thought to myself that the lift in my repair shop cost the smae price & it does not look halph as shakey.
i use my lifts daily & they never give me cuase t concern. autoquipt is another one. i DCOULD NAME YOU LIKE !) OTHER COMPANIES BUT I would hae to look in my file

·
Registered
147 Posts
My Pop has one for his 62' Vette (boooo!) but it is a great lift. He paid @ $1200 and it is rated to 7000lbs

Gemini Auto Lift
1 800 535-6932

·
Registered
466 Posts
hey stang32.... re read your posts when you finish or use spell check, something b/c you have words missing or something is completly miss spelled.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I have a Bend Pak BP12 (rated at 12,000 lbs) and I ordered it from these guys......

http://www.e-autolifts.com/

When I was shopping around, I felt the best quality for the buck was between Bend Rak, Rotary, Eagle and Superior. I ultimately selected the Bend Pak because it had the widest ramps (20") so I wouldn't drive off of them. Good Luck

Lou

·
Premium Member
19,203 Posts
My lift had the leak. The main reservoir broke at the flange. The lift manufacturer no longer uses that vendor for the pump and reservoir.

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
I was looking at those exact same companies and I had made up my mind to buy from Autolifters when I discovered Meco Equipment out of Mobile, AL. www.meco-equipment.com

Same design as the autolifter and challenger lifts plus a little cheaper. They supply most of the auto shops and dealers in my area and are willing to ship wherever. Personally, I'd find out who supplies the lift equipment to the shops in your area. Then you can find out a little something about quality when you're there too. Having someone close would be nice when something goes wrong.

James

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Midlife, which did you get? Would you purchase it again?

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
bishir, which lift did you purchase? Recall the price?

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
HD-10 Two post asymetrical. 2395 w/free shipping because I'm close.

·
Registered
152 Posts
This could be a pair of stupid questions but it wouldnt be the first ones Ive asked: Is there a advantage(besides stability) to a 4 post vs 2post? Things you can and cannot do with one or the other?

·
Premium Member
19,203 Posts
I got an asymmetrical extra-wide 7500 pound capacity two post from BendPak via www.autolifts.com. Would I get it again? You betcha! My only complaint (I gotta whine!) is that although it comes with additional support pads at varying heights, I'd prefer adjustable height pads. Minor....very minor.

·
Registered
4,693 Posts
yeah, thaks dude, I love you man!!!! also my shift key keeps getting stuck, doa!!!!!

·
Registered
4,693 Posts
oh, see I am sorry, I thought this was a fourem for tech support, not righting scils. I will try to do bettre now theat i no.
:: :: :: :: :: :: :: ::

1 - 16 of 16 Posts