Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering buying a car out my area. I have checked with a few companies and the quotes range from $825-$900 for a open trailer from California to Missouri. Are these rates pretty normal or are there cheaper haulers out there? An inclosed trailer jumps up to $1400. Just curious to see what people here have used and what they suggest.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I am using dash auto express to get my car moved for 600.00 from NH to OH. Open up. Seems about normal but still check around for the best deal and make sure it is insured for the ride.and the company is bonded.
look out for the mom and pop shops.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Sounds right. Thats about what it cost 6 years ago to ship one of my Mustangs from NW Florida to California.

·
Premium Member
793 Posts
That seem to be right for the haul, I disagree though with 67fastback about mom and pop shops. You may get a better deal from them and qiuicker deliivery. Check some of my feedback here I think I can beat any big company on service.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Echo what sharkmouth said. I would be more concerned about the carrier than the cost at this point. I had a horrible experience with a company that looked like an excellent one from the surface. I’ll spare you the details, but they took over a month to transport my car, and they fraudulently billed my credit card.

Make sure you go directly with a carrier and not a broker, and defiantly check with the BBB before hand.

That price sounds reasonable. It cost me around $600 to ship from Washington to Arizona.

·
Premium Member
793 Posts
sharkmouth and Taylor Just want to let you all and everybody else that this is not the case with everyone that is transporting autos. In my case I do this part time aside from my full time job. I am very upfront about when I can pick up a car and when it will be delivered. I do not even take CCs and just collect when I deliver, not even a deposit. I treat every car just like I treat my Boss 302 or my Wife's Chevelle SS 454 when they are on one on my trailers. just want to stick for myself.

·
Premium Member
2,673 Posts
i just had my 88 convertible moved from california to here in wichita kansas cost me 695.00 5 days from door to door

·
Premium Member
2,673 Posts
hey you hauled a junky convertible for me and did a great job at a good price i bet getting that thing off of the trailer was a task should have charged me extra i saw it for the first time the back in april dont know what i was thinking buying that one never again will i buy a car from pennsylvania

·
Premium Member
2,673 Posts
yeah he was really surprised y'all got it off there. when i was up there in april i messed with it some the power top works great and the motor wasnt locked up. i have never seen a car as rusty as this one now i know why i could buy it for 375 i have another one i am going to switch power train and any other useable pieces onto.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Don't know why I would say Dependable Auto Shippers..I had nothing but good experiences and in your price range for Calif to Tx and KC To east coast. But their has been a couple of unexcusable horror stories posted here..lost car, delivered to wrong city, weeeks longer than stated. Ask anyone you talk to tho "is that the best youcan do?' usally get up to 100 bucks lower. Also note DAS appears to be using other haulers when it suits them of which isn't theiir claim to fame. Brokers are wothless, you'll neveer get a call back when you check on your car and it's just a middleman fee.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts