Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After talking to a guy I met at the local cruise-in on Saturday I thought I'd share my plans with the forum. I met a man with a very nice street rod. We were talking about cars when the subject came up that I was a teacher. He was elated and said he would be happy to come to my class and get the kids interested in old cars. We also thought it would be a good time to talk a little about the roles Math and Science play in cars. Really, we just wanted to show them the cars /forums/images/icons/smile.gif So, I'm planning on gathering a few automobiles for a semi car show at my local elementary school one day for my class. I'll take their pictures in the seat and so forth. It will be an incentive to work hard in the classroom. I'd let Midlife come but you can get into lots of trouble checking shorts at a school! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif I wish I had myself as a teacher /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Premium Member
19,169 Posts
Cars can be a wonderful tool to teach math and science. Speedos, odometers, tire sizes, gear ratios, etc. all can play a role using simple mathematics.

I'd bring Midlife, but it'd be hard to push it all the way to Pensacola!

G

·
0 Posts
You could teach them how to count to two! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

JB

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
I dunno ubout the Speedo thing. Kind of gives me a picture I don't wanna see. Oh, you're talking about speedometers-never mind.

J. Boggs

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

it'd be hard to push it all the way

<hr></blockquote>

Wow, and I thought this was supposed to be a family website /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

1 - 9 of 9 Posts