Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
I stopped showing my cars years ago. Way too much nit picking and bickering

Come home all aggravated

besides dont want to get stuck there all day. some shows once you're in you cant get out

then to hear and tell the same stories

Rather just drive them in peace and go to breakfast/cigar meetups on Sundays at Captree state park

Reactions: beechkid

·
Vendor
4,290 Posts
Don't take it personally, and don't allow it to compell you to "take your toy and go home". Some judges are wise, others clueless, plenty in between. That's life. Enjoy the event, make sure to walk the field, and be happy with your car. Can't tell you how many times I've had someone point "something" out, and at first I'm annoyed and in denial, and three months later I'm "Dammit, he was right", and I address and smile wider at the car. And other times, the critique is absurd. That shouldn't be grounds for avoiding shows.

·
Registered
1965 Ford Mustang fastback T5 Ncas 9in Locker
1,441 Posts
All I can say is "SOUR GRAPES"🙂

·
Premium Member
7,592 Posts
Cruise - ins are more fun to me, less judgemental because, well, there's no judging. :ROFLMAO:
I have been to some car shows, had a good time showing mine when it was show-worthy I guess, picked up a couple of trophies.
I have been to a few that were not judged, they were benefit shows. Those are actually doing good things for people and the cars are there to draw interest.
The last one, however (some of you may remember me posting about) , I took my sons for a veterans benefit show and the usual suspects in an un-named Mustang Club kinda pushed me off to the side, no one spoke, no invites to join or cruise, no "thanks for coming" . I walked up and caught a guy picking at my lower passenger fender with his pocket knife.

I'll do some shows with my sons when the time comes. I'll have fun with them no matter what.

Reactions: beechkid

·
Registered
6,414 Posts
Last show I was at I got downgraded on my interior without any description of the issues. The carpet and mats got two points off. I had to laugh. The carpet was brand new (1st drive was to the show) and I had literally taken the mats out of the package at the show. They were spotless and had never had a shoe or dirt on them. There were plenty of other things they could have taken points for, but that one was a head scratcher. I just smiled and moved on. Having judged many shows, I know it can be thankless and exhausting. You would be surprised (or maybe not) how many owners try to get in the face of the judges and sway the points,

Reactions: myfirstcar66

·
Registered
4,989 Posts
I don't do car shows, I don't give a rats ass what opinion someone has who didn't spend once cent or spend one minute into making my car what it is.

I do occasional cruise-ins and would do more except there isn't much of a classic Mustang or classic car crowd in my area.

·
Premium Member
7,592 Posts
You guys can always come cruise with little old me.

Reactions: Mike the old grump

·
Dimples
6,187 Posts
I know myself well enough to avoid entering judged shows. Driving and cruise nights are enough for me, and the only comments I get there are thumbs ups and the usual "trade ya for my minivan" jokes. That works just fine for me.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
i don't do (judged) shows, but love regular get together shows and cruise in's.

i don't care what anyone says / thinks of my car, i put it together for me not for anyone else.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Still holds true (even if it is a little off-putting)

John

Human body Gesture Font Thumb Sign language

·
Registered
1966 GT 4spd
1,210 Posts
I know myself well enough to avoid entering judged shows. Driving and cruise nights are enough for me, and the only comments I get there are thumbs ups and the usual "trade ya for my minivan" jokes. That works just fine for me.
i don't do (judged) shows, but love regular get together shows and cruise in's.

i don't care what anyone says / thinks of my car, i put it together for me not for anyone else.
Agreed! We have a monthly cruise in Morris, IL that has between 800-1k cars. Cars like mine all the way to cars that have well over 200k plus invested into them. All are appreciated and just good fun.

Tire Car Wheel Building Sky Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Hood Tire Car Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Reactions: Caper50

·
Administrator
19,546 Posts
I have no problems with judged shows. I deal with idiots quite well.

Reactions: Flade and daves67ss
1 - 20 of 56 Posts