Vintage Mustang Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Administrator
12,999 Posts
If your car is completely stock, might be worth it. If you are modifying it, then the first time you do something different after the sign is made, the sign is out of date.

If you make one on a stand, make sure that it won't fall over. I've seen them topple over at a show and hit cars next to it. Personally, I don't like them. Just talk with the people.
Stan

·
Registered
358 Posts
If you make one on a stand, make sure that it won't fall over.
I had a sign for the Pantera, but found it was a pain to keep it from blowing over and didn't want to carry a large stand of any kind with me to shows, so I made a simple small sign (8.5"x5.5") which I place on both sides of the car in the window so folks can read about it simultaneously.

Attachments

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
If your car is completely stock, might be worth it. If you are modifying it, then the first time you do something different after the sign is made, the sign is out of date.

If you make one on a stand, make sure that it won't fall over. I've seen them topple over at a show and hit cars next to it. Personally, I don't like them. Just talk with the people.
Stan
No, I’m not modifying it, just adding the words/features that I could forget.! Basically is all there, so I guess this will be the final board.
No stands, kiosks or whatsoever, a single laminated sign for now. If I am happy with that, I will make a board for the future shows.

I had a sign for the Pantera, but found it was a pain to keep it from blowing over and didn't want to carry a large stand of any kind with me to shows, so I made a simple small sign (8.5"x5.5") which I place on both sides of the car in the window so folks can read about it simultaneously.
Something like this is what I want now. A more professional sign, like one printed on a nice board, will be made next..

Josep

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
Here is the sign I used at car shows. The size is 20" x 16" and fits perfectly on the inside of the windshield. I put it in the passenger side of the windshield and use the visor to hold it in place. I've watched plenty of folks who come up and read it.

Attachments

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Here is the sign I used at car shows. The size is 20" x 16" and fits perfectly on the inside of the windshield. I put it in the passenger side of the windshield and use the visor to hold it in place. I've watched plenty of folks who come up and read it.
Thanks Lee, looks very nice.!

Josep

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Here's our sign next to our 69 GT/CS at last year's Chicago Area World of Wheels.
Well, that’s a sign board.!! I don’t pretend a big sign like this, just something smaller.! But looks good for such an even like that.!

Josep

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
These all look great. I might have missed it, but what are you going to use as a backer?

Here's mine:

Attachments

·
Registered
6,375 Posts
I had this on display at a Grand National Show...but then, we were requested to list all mods. But, the idea may be of use.
This is to follow up on my post #15 of my info cards. This is how I mounted them, Twas taken a a Grand National event in 2011.

Attachments

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #30 (Edited)
These all look great. I might have missed it, but what are you going to use as a backer?
Backer means what’s on the back of the text/photos.? I am using just white. Maybe if I re-design the board again I can put some kind of backer.. Yours looks cool.!

This is to follow up on my post #15 of my info cards. This is how I mounted them, Twas taken a a Grand National event in 2011.
Nice system, but better the wheel stopper.!! hahaha.!!

Here I post what I have finally done. Much simpler than in the beginnings but I am happy with the result. It only costed ~$18 for both signs. It’s a laminated copy glued to a plastic cardboard. Photos are from my garage, tomorrow in the show.!

Josep

Attachments

·
Registered
6,375 Posts
Ha, ha, Josep. It was a requirement of the show officials to place the extinguisher beneath the left front tire.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
What was a reason.?

Josep

·
Registered
6,375 Posts
What was a reason.?

Josep
The officials request all attendees have a fire extinguisher in case of an emergency and be placed in a specific place known to all attendees.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
OK, I see.. makes sense, if anything happened, all knew were to look for..

Josep

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
The officials request all attendees have a fire extinguisher in case of an emergency and be placed in a specific place known to all attendees.
Guess they figure front tire is easily accessible but where would a fire most likely start? Go grab your neighbors extinguisher as yours is right next to the fire!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,375 Posts
Guess they figure front tire is easily accessible but where would a fire most likely start? Go grab your neighbors extinguisher as yours is right next to the fire!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Yeah, I hear ya! perhaps they figured with engines off, not too much chance? Dunno?
I just followed Grand National Requirements. But, your point of "going next door" for an extinguisher is well taken.
As it turns out, our club is hosting another Grand National show this early fall in Fredericksburg, VA.
https://www.facebook.com/events/2019-mustang-club-of-america-grand-national/1701297989907073/

21 - 37 of 37 Posts