Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done a nice professional-looking placard for their car? With info about the options, history, etc...

Need some input as I'd like to put together one soon for my '65 GT convertible.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
I plan on attempting to make mine look like Ford would have. Facts, figures and highly professional pictures of the finished car.
A second book would be devoted to the history of that particular car. Details like plant, date, options, dealer, owners etc.. As much factual history as possible.
The second book would also have the restoration history loaded with pictures and descriptions of what was done to restore it to it's former glory.

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
Wow! Very nice!

·
Registered
462 Posts
I made mine using the original dealership brouchure. It has all the background info as well as all of the options available for the Calspec.
I just pressed in a nice picture frame. It looks like a million bucks.

·
Registered
737 Posts
[color:"blue"]

Their's really look great. They are at the Carlisle Show's every year and always have a long line of folks buying boards. They are of a good quality, look very nice, but are not cheap.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Troy (66gtk)did mine and I am very happy with it. I think it is on his website if you click his link. It saves me a lot of question answering when at shows and classes up the car some too.

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Bob,
All is cold and white here in MN right now. I sure miss you guys and the active Chicago group. Haven't found any Mustang buddies yet up here :(

Mark,
Glad you like your poster. Thanks for the kind words.

Charles,
Let me know if I can help in any way. I can pretty much do anything you have in mind or let me use my imagination to come up with something for you.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Charles:

I have one from ShowBoards.com and I am very happy with it. Mine is only information, no photo and looks very professional. You are limited to a maximum number of lines of text. I have Layout No. 2 with the maximum of 8 headings plus owners name.

Look here

The ones Tony Kruger shows may allow for more info. I would like to know what his are made of.

:peeping:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts