Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
13,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son and a few of his buds are going to LV this weekend. What car stuff is there around the area? They are all car guys.
Thanks,
Stan

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Go to the Imperial Palace automotive museum on the strip. An amazing collection of cars.

Use the pedestrian overpasses wherever possible to avoid being a participant in the cabbies favorite passtime, "nail the Californians". Have a great trip.

·
Administrator
19,498 Posts
I agree, that's a great museum. My friends and I will be staying there during the SEMA show so I hope to be able to spend a little extra time in the museum.

The Shelby facility is also interesting to visit.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Check out Celebrity Cars for some cool exotic cars. My GF was there working on business and said that the web pages does not do these cars justice.

G

·
0 Posts
Great. I've lived here a year and didn't know about any of this stuff! Is that a dufus award?

Where is Mustang Depot?

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Are you kiddn' me? Nobody mentioned going to Shelby. It's awesome! They give tours of the shop at 10am, I believe. GREAT SHOWROOM! I won't spoil it by telling you what he'll see. Trust me, it's worth the $30 cab ride (one way). It's out next to the speedway.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Gee, Slatewear is right! What's wrong with you guys?!?! The Shelby plant is a great tour. Just the lobby is history. Then you get to go in and see them make CSX4000's and the Series I cars.

http://www.shelbyamerican.com/tours.asp

·
Administrator
19,498 Posts
Uh, if you read my reply you'll see that I mention the Shelby plant. ;)

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Whoops! I went back and read more carefully after I posted.

I'm sorry!

Brian

·
Administrator
19,498 Posts
:: :: ::

·
Registered
255 Posts
Are any of them into NASCAR. If so they should get a bite to eat at the NASCAR cafe located in the Sahara Hotel located on the strip. Its tourist priced but the foods not too bad. The roller coaster is a blast.

MidnightMustang

1 - 14 of 14 Posts