Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the story: new standard Stainless Steel Discbrake Conversion (4 pistons), only 2 months on the car. Dual master, adjustable prop. valve in rear brake line.
The car stops on a dime but the car starts to vibrate when I try to stop from about 50mph and up. It's not a pulsating pedal, it's the car that vibrates!
Checked the steering and suspension for wear, couldn't find anything wrong. I changed the pads from semi-metallic to organic and noticed no difference. I adjusted the wheelbearings with a torque wrench just like the instructions said. The calipers and all other components are not loose.
What could be wrong?

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Hello.It could be that you have a warped rotor.I would also check and make sure that my lug nuts weren't loose.A bad wheel bearing usually makes some noise,so that's probably not it.I would also double check the spindle and mounting plate for calipers to see if they might be rattling around.If it isn't a warped rotor,then something is loose.I would keep looking until I found out what it was.It could be that a lower control arm is cracked up near the bushing where it is hooked to the car.Did you do the conversion or did you have it done?Hope that helps. :)

·
Registered
333 Posts
If your doing 50 or more and come to a complete stop, does the vibration stop as you slow down, or does it vibrate until your almost at a dead stop? Also does the vibration rate change with the speed of the car? Does a hard stop from 30 or 40 cause the same vibration?

·
Registered
466 Posts
do all that is said above and have your tires balanced... cause of my shaking after turning rotors, lugs, etc...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts