So, a little background, installed a mechanical oil pressure gauge, routed new copper hose, all set up ready to fire her up and test out the gauge. Car starts right up, I see the pressure on the gauge rising than I hear a pop and the car shut off. Curious, I pop my head into the engine bay to see what the pop was and in my eagerness to test the gauge I forgot to tuck away the old electric sending wire and it appears the fan sheared off the connector. I found the connector laying under the battery tray. Interesting though I also see on the side of the solenoid that connects the battery there appears to be burn marks on the eye hole of the cable. Wonder if the sheared off cable shot up there and shorted something out. Long story short, car won't start. Turns over, I can see the fan spinning, but no luck even when pumping the gas pedal. Changed out solenoid with a good spare, still nothing. Battery reads 12 volts dc as does both solenoids. Anyone got any ideas? Fuse? Voltage regulator? Seems like just when I get one thing figured out something else happens, the fun of owning a classic right. Appreciate any insight.