Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im adjusting mixtures on my 2100
Shop Manual says "Final adj should be made with parking brake on and gear selector in Drive"

I always did it in park my whole life

so i have it adjusted in park with the solenoid disconnected,. idle 650 and vacuum about 19 and steady
in Drive vacuum 16 and steady
timing 10 dwell 24

seem smooth but has a very slight hesitation off a standing stop. wondering if i need to richen them a little
not sure while in drive if they are they talking mixture or idle screw

I cant see standing in front on a car in Drive playing with mixtures esp on a 2100 where you can barely see them

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
They are simulating idle at a stop. So yes, adjust the idle setting (should be idle speed only at this point) for proper RPM with someone sitting in the driver's seat, foot on brake, and you, to one side, turning the screw.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Your slight hesitation may be from a partial blockage in the transition circuit of your carburetor. Would suggest some carb cleaner sprayed into the transition circuit followed by air from a blow gun.In the shop manual there are some good diagrams of all the circuits in these carburetors.

·
Registered
5,390 Posts
Shop manual should say, " With helper in drivers seat holding brake on with foot." I guess it was written in a time they didn't have to account for every Darwin contender.

·
Premium Member
4,357 Posts
Your hesitation may also be an indicator your accelerator pump isn't adjusted properly or working at all.

Reactions: RV6 and aaatp

·
Registered
5,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They are simulating idle at a stop. So yes, adjust the idle setting (should be idle speed only at this point) for proper RPM with someone sitting in the driver's seat, foot on brake, and you, to one side, turning the screw.
Thanks.
got it idling nice now :)
no more hesitation

1 - 6 of 6 Posts