Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure opinions vary, but I am looking to purchase a Carb and intake combo for my 302. I need something that will match my poorly mismatched motor. Cam is 270 duration, 501 lift, and heads are 2.02 intake/Exhuast. As you can imagine, I need to boost bottom end power. I am thinking Edlebrock air gap, and a 600cfm carb from them as well. What do you think? I like speed more than driveability, although it is nice too. Any thoughs on the Baryy Grant Speed Demon? ::

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
boost bottom end power?

270 degrees NET or GROSS duration?

Im assuming you mean gross.....if so, cams with 270 gross duration shouldnt suffer from poor low end.

I would use a carb around 575-625CFM. Edelbrocks are nice for those who dont want to tune.

Keep in mind the ideal total ignition advance and rate of advance will probably be a little different than stock motors like.

Lost of folks disagree, but I think the demons and avengers are overpriced.

·
Registered
203 Posts
My engine is a similar build. +.040 302, 270 magnum cam, 289 heads w/1.94-1.6 valves, etc. I have a Shelby type dual plane intake and a Holley 600. It made 330 hp without really tuning it. I might go with a Torker 289 or a Victor jr. next.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts