Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday morning I thought I would replace the header gaskets to get rid of the noisy leak I had on the pass. side. No problem, I was done in no time. I also changed the old mini air cleaner for a 14 inch. I took her out and drove around for a while and noticed a ticking. I stopped and listened, it was coming from the pass. side of the engine. I also noticed that the temp gauge was alittle over 200 and usually it doesnt pass 190.(It was about 100 degrees out) I came home and let the car cool off before tinkering under a hot hood in the hot weather. When I came back out later to investigate the problem, I fired her up and the carb started popping. Ok, I checked to see if all the plug wires got put back on correctly. They were right. The only other thing that I had messed with was the air cleaner. What would you do? I would appreciate some outside input.
Sorry about all the "seems to be unrelated" info, just throwin it out there. I had to have unknowingly messed with something. The poping seems to have started randomly.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I checked and the 3 and 4 wires were twisted together. I seperated them and its still poping.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have updated info on new post "Rocker arm came loose"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts