Carbaholic

6828 223
I think I need help 🤪

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive exterior
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Yeah, they’re pretty firm about not messing with air bleeds. Of course that’s one of the first things I mess with 😜
We once had an author and cameraman show up at ft. Bragg and we were given instructions to "give them everything they want". As the gunsmith I was handling all weapon related things. They wanted to shoot some photos through an AN/PVS 4 night weapons sight but it didn't match up with the camera so I took it apart. The boss came along while they were taking photos and said to me; "I didn't know you work on night vision devices". I replied "I don't". His next questions was; "can you get it back together?". My response was: "We'll cross that bridge when we get there."

No guts, no glory right AZ GT!

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Interesting that Holley North America tells you to NOT touch the air bleeds, but Quick Fuel Australia encourages it. Go figure. I will say… that without a through understanding (and a lot of hands-on R&D) of emulsion circuits, Holley is probably right in discouraging the average grease monkey from doing that.
Kind of like the Remington 700 Triggers, they are actually great units but very easy to mis-adjust. so remington said explicitly; don't adjust them. Ended up costing Remington millions in claims paying the idiots who made them unsafe and hurt themselves or someone else.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts