Vintage Mustang Forums banner
21 - 40 of 245 Posts
Discussion starter · #22 ·
here is your chance to join the club

ken

View attachment 852591
You have no idea how bad I want to play around with one of those. Same for a 3x2. I have plenty of motor for either one big carburetor (current deal) or multiple ‘little’ ones. Hmmm…….

A pair of 390s would work well on the XF-8
but requires a little hood modification or one of those tear drop bubble hoods.

ken

Any of you carbaholics out there have an Autolite 4100 1.08 for a manual transmission car that is before a July 13th 1964 assembly date? I have three but the closest I've gotten is July 28th or something.
Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire

Motor vehicle Gas Auto part Automotive lighting Machine

Discussion starter · #26 ·
Which one did you say tolerates the heat better?
The one in the middle, black anodizing. 650 cfm, air velocity is faster vs 750, that‘s why it behaves better in this heat. But it also won’t flow as much at 6000+ rpm. Big carburetors on little motors, there’s always trade-offs and compromises.

Message received! Two of the three I have I would consider good, one for certain was removed from a running 289, the other looks good is free but probably needs to be gone through, the other everything but the choke is seized. :( they are all 1.08s from 1964, only one has a tag. The runner as far as I can tell is unmarked besides the 1.08 circle. The others have, IIRC, C4ZF on the base. I can take more photos once I'm home from work if anyone is interested in finding out more.

Discussion starter · #31 ·
A pair of 390s would work well on the XF-8
but requires a little hood modification or one of those tear drop bubble hoods.

ken
My son and I can have the hood off in ten minutes. There’s even a spot in the living room for it. Simple problem/simple solution 😜

Oh that's nice - I wonder if it would fit under a stock hood lol..?
It would not fit under my stock hood but will fit under a teardrop bubble hood
I know the ebay price is out of site but i am not going to use it.
it is a early 65/64 casting as it has the thermostat pocked in the manifold. Needs a c4 flat thermostat housing.

Oh that's nice - I wonder if it would fit under a stock hood lol..?
I see you are in buffalo i am 1 hour east

ken

21 - 40 of 245 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.