I think I need help 🤪

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive exterior

See less See more
#8 ·
I jhave one that will take two of those an edelbrock XF-8

ken

#23 ·
A pair of 390s would work well on the XF-8
but requires a little hood modification or one of those tear drop bubble hoods.

ken

#26 ·
The one in the middle, black anodizing. 650 cfm, air velocity is faster vs 750, that‘s why it behaves better in this heat. But it also won’t flow as much at 6000+ rpm. Big carburetors on little motors, there’s always trade-offs and compromises.

#29 ·
Message received! Two of the three I have I would consider good, one for certain was removed from a running 289, the other looks good is free but probably needs to be gone through, the other everything but the choke is seized. :( they are all 1.08s from 1964, only one has a tag. The runner as far as I can tell is unmarked besides the 1.08 circle. The others have, IIRC, C4ZF on the base. I can take more photos once I'm home from work if anyone is interested in finding out more.

#45 ·
P

Personally I fail to see the logic of asking for or thinking you need help . Looks like your doing a fine job by yourself getting them carbs .

And some nice ones they are too unless I miss my guess.
Thank you 😎
The thing is…. there are more of them. I ran out space on the workbench 🤪

#65 ·
Hi, my name is Josue... and I'm also a carbaholic.
It started with a couple of Holleys. Then a Solex my brother gave me. Then a Predator. Then another Predator. And before I knew it I had a whole shelf full of carbs. My wife said I need therapy and doesn't want me buying more "crap I won't use" but she just doesn't get it, you know what I mean?
Last week I told her I was working late, but I was actually meeting with someone from OfferUp to buy a sweet 4160 that was almost a steal. I know it's becoming a problem and I need help, but I really couldn't pass up that deal.
Anyway, if someone has any carbs they don't want, shoot me a message.

#66 ·
Gaaa that's what I don't want to be lol..but I am slowly turning into a hoarder. Also shifters I love 4 speed shifters - Mr. Gasket Vgates - ram rods - pistol grips etc...there something about the mechanics of them. I could go broke - so I don't follow them on ebay etc... in fact when it comes to carbs there is nice of tripower carbs for a 289 available that looked to be original ...must stop..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.