Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, sending my 90 roller out for a short block pretty soon here. It forsure needs a cam, possibly new lifters and hone/bore .. its getting my brand new Quick Fuel 600DP vac sec , Air Gap, longtubes, 2.5 dumps, Fresh E7s (i know but they're fresh), my comp roller rockers (High Energy 1.6's) ,C4 trans, 2500 stall, 411s.

Need recommendation for cam, piston, and to know if I can put my 28oz flexplate and front 28oz dampner/pulley for v belt on... :confused:

Its somewhat budget and will get aluminums one day but for now its to get me one the road and replace/upgrade what I can while in there. :)

·
Registered
837 Posts
Cam selection can be a coat of many opinions. My suggestion is to pick a reputable grinder or two and give them a call. Most importantly, be honest with what you want when you call. You could just slap in whatever Ford letter grind that was popular when the Fox bodies were current, but technology has come a long way and camshafts have become much more precise and defined.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cam selection can be a coat of many opinions. My suggestion is to pick a reputable grinder or two and give them a call. Most importantly, be honest with what you want when you call. You could just slap in whatever Ford letter grind that was popular when the Fox bodies were current, but technology has come a long way and camshafts have become much more precise and defined.
LMAO.. I do like the sound of a b cam...

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@Matter I will check with isky tomarrow as they are 10 minutes from my house see how much a custom grind is.. other than that.. anyone know of a good 50oz flex and balancer w/ 3 hole? will be mating to a c4

·
Registered
837 Posts
I'm guessing they will have something off the shelf that will suit you, but they should know what that is better than most. Call around, compare results, be honest with your needs, if you like the Ford B cam, let them know. Don't just be happy with a good cam for your application, try to find the BEST cam for YOU!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
@Matter just to update you, I went with a new stock cam and lifters. getting the whole short block, balanced, with new conversion flex plate and conversion (3 AND 4 HOLE) front balancer so I can run my V-Belt all fer 1300 lol most places in the south bay wanted 2300-2800 for JUST THE SHORTBLOCK!! not including cam/balancer/flywheel/balancing/lifters.. crazy. porting my e7s btw .. had to stay busy while the short blocks out ?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts