Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this before spring break and got no response thought I'd try again and see if anyone will give it a go.
(PS. it sucks to have a whole week off! Better yet, this time I'm the Prof and not the student)

PO gave me relatively new Carter carb saying it will fit the car. I just checked the numbers (9605) and I see that it is a "GM,universal" carb. I'm planning on using the manual choke (boy, do I need it) I have the choke linkage (repro shelby) and even I can figure that out. Will this carb mount on my car? (by the way, weiland intake) if so, what mods to the linkage? what else do I need to know? Help!

Raven Black 66 Fastback GT, 289 A Code, PS, C-4, AC
Pony w/Rally-Pack, TTD's
Cool Huh?

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
Take the Carter and fill it with soil..it will make a nice planter...I have 3 or 4 sitting in my garage..they are horrible

'59 T-Bird..[color:blue]'70 Mustang Convert</font color=blue>...[color:green]'72 Mach One</font color=green>
http://clubs.hemmings.com/baymustang/t-bird.jpg
The Black Bird At 42,she's the oldest in my Ford stable

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The 9605 Carter is a squarebore carb so it will bolt onto your manifold. This carb was available with GM,Ford or Chyrsler linkage from what i can tell that was the only difference btwn them.
You will have to eye ball the linkage to see what will be needed but it should not a real problem. The carb on mine was originally from a Corvette and it was a very minor mod to the linkage.
: Edelbrock took over the production of the Carter AFB carbs

Greg B

1 - 3 of 3 Posts