Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 4bbl carburetor I bought is the missing the metal indicator tag, I found some other numbers on the carburetor it self tho, can anyone help

This is one of them it reads 5752309

On the bottom left it reads 860 I couldn’t get a good pic, and it reads 112 in that circle

This is the hole carburetor.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
4100/2100 carbs are identified by the code stamped on the foot of the carb, as shown here. With that, we can tell you what it is. A 1.12 is a 600 CFM carb.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Maybe it was a service replacement part sold over the counter and it fit numerous applications? I think I see a dashpot so it was intended for AT equipped vehicles.
Incorrect! When you search the 5752309 part number, it shows it's a 4100 carb for the 58-60 full size cars.

·
Registered
5,355 Posts
Ford / Autolite were always tweaking carb configurations, so you will generally not see any of them carried for more than a model year, and sometimes only for part of a model year. Your carb is a 59 only carb for it's specific configuration. That doesn't mean you can't use it. Pre-64 Autolites use the Holley sized jets so they are easier to reconfigure in general. And there's plenty of people that will tell you a 1.12 is too big for a small block. This is not true, but you will have to configure it properly to work. 1964 Comets put 1.12's on regular 289's.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
You also might hit the foot with some steel wool to see if it will bring up a number. The pic was fuzzy and the part looked dirty. The accel pump looks 65+. Pre 64 had a push rod mechanism at the accel pump. #1- 65+ flat plate pump. #2- push rod style. #3- push rod style. They may be interchangeable, so this might not always apply, but it's a starting point.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts